It can broaden the view of children
and build up an international view.
From 2010 to 2012, we took the lead to implement bilingual courses and introduced foreign English teachers to our students for the first time. We achieved all the original English activities and courses in the school. The pass rate of students who participated in the English test of level 3 or above was over 80%. The original plan was to conduct the pre-test at the beginning of the term and the post-term at the end of each year. The significant differences between the pre-tests and post-tests gave us confidence in the entire bilingual courses In addition to the improvement of the basic abilities of the subject, the students have various English activities outside the school. Activities such as English-language Reader's Theater and International activities have performed well. Besides improving the English ability of our students, it also sharing the experience with small and medium-sized schools in various countries. The successful completion of the bilingual course was widely praised by all parties, and it directly contributed to the full introduction of foreign English teachers throughout the county in the 102 school year. It has always been our common belief to benefit all elementary and middle school students and be happy to be the nobles in the lives of children. In summary, the promotion of this course is expected to have the following goals:
1. Increase the connection with English and improve basic abilities.
2. Discover talented students and cultivate their interest in English and basic communication skills.
3. Create a high-quality learning environment to increase learning interest and efficiency by diversifying teaching methods
4. Enhance the understanding and experience of different cultures in our country.
5. Create an educational environment with a worldwide vision.
6. Provide adaptive learning methods to reduce the learning gap between urban and rural areas.
The course was programmed with a situational language teaching method. With vocabulary and sentences through stories, life, and games, students can naturally learn English in four ways: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
1. School-level: Using the foreign festival event to teach English in all school areas.
2. Group-level: Cooperate with the school's international education course, and divide the class into different groups with different tasks.(listening, speaking, reading, and writing)
3. Team-level: Take third to sixth-grade students and divide them into 32 groups (heterogeneous groupings with 5-6 people each) and each group has an English conversation with the foreign teacher for 20 minutes per week.
4. Normal classes: The main teaching materials are like “hip hip hoora”1-4 volumes (new edition)
5. Extend English course to first grade.
6. Teaching methods:
1、All English teaching
2、Diving students by ability grouping to beginner group and advanced group. Both mid-grade and high-grade
3、Using English interactive software and printed textbooks (such as hip hip hooray or other), with the subject of local theme.
3 non-native English teachers with English teaching skills, 1 native English Teacher hired by the school, 1 English teaching assistant, 1 native English teacher send by Fullbright foundation.